Thursday, February 11, 2010

You Capture - Work

I thought this was a tough challenge this week.   How do you capture work?  According to Websters dictionary it's a noun, adjective and verb.  Do I take a picture of my computer, my 10 key, the washing machine, the cleaning supplies, my messy kitchen?   I didn't know where to begin.  Then I looked at it in the bigger of picture of things because to have work means that you are alive and breathing.  My body works every day pumping blood, firing neurons and delivering oxygen to organs among many other seemingly silent behind the scenes functions all while I go about my daily tasks whether it be - preparing taxes, doing a load of laundry, making phone calls or preparing a meal.  And my body does this day in and day out without a lot of intellectual thought about it on my part.  And it usually functions quite well.  And for that I'm grateful.  I exercise, try to eat right and for the most part get enough sleep - but I know I can do better and I should because my body is my vessel, what allows me to be who I am on a day to day to basis.  Without it, I'd be 6 feet under.  So, to capture the essence of WORK this week, I took these two pictures of what I do to keep my body working.  Today was a double duty day, I walked 3 1/2 miles with a friend - took us 55 minutes and I did a programmed workout on the exercise bike for 25 minutes. 
 

Check out more You Capture - Work pictures at I Should be Folding Laundry.

7 comments:

nic said...

ooh, now that is a true picture (or two) of work! good on ya. i can hear my treadmill calling to me, but thus far i have successfully ignored it. (maybe next week's theme should be 'sloth'?)

Dr. D said...

Very well done!! No wonder Bear is such a good writer, she is just following her mother's mad skills!

Rana said...

That's the kind of work I need to be doing.

abbysae said...

Work we can all relate to! Great take on the challenge. Thanks for sharing :)

Colleen said...

I should be doing more of this kind of work!

Colleen said...

RE: the question you asked about centering the header on my blog.... I'm afraid I can't help you too much. It just seemed to work that way. In fact, if anything, I'm frustrated that it won't stretch out more to fill the sides! Sorry that I can't be more helpful!

Anonymous said...

I think that work makes life complete. Some of the things we have to do are a real pain - but at the end of the day it is such a good feeling to have done a good day's work! I never used to think much about this, but now that I am no longer able to do much but be 93 years old I miss the cooking, keeping house, holding down a job and countless pleasant and unpleasant chores! xoxo Nanny

Pin It button on image hover